The City Bike
Developed in collaboration with master bike builders Freddie Grubb, our 2-Speed city bike incorporates the ethos of both brands, treating form and function with equal importance.
A 2-speed Automatix gear and SRAM coaster brake have been specified to make city riding easier and more enjoyable, while a stitched leather top tube protector is designed to guard the frame from chips and act as a carry grip for the hand or shoulder.
Bespoke-made by Longside Leather, the top tube protector sits alongside matching handlebar grips and an iconic FG saddle, with each leather component designed to develop and patina over the lifetime of the bike. Each model is hand built by Freddie Grubb in their South London workshop.
- Size: 57cm
- Colour: Hayward Grey
- Grips + top tube protector: Longside Leather bespoke, hand-stitched
- Frame: Freddie Grubb Mens Frame, double-butted CroMo, custom tubing configurations
- Fork: True Temper CroMo, custom Freddie Grubb cast fork crown, rack and fender eyelets
- Headset: Tange Seiki, Passage (SE32 DX) - Polished alloy, 1”
- Handlebar: Nitto Alloy Flat Bar
- Stem: FG Polished alloy, 1 1/8”, +/6º rise
- Front brake: Dia Compe, BRS101
- Back brake: SRAM coaster brake
- Brake levers: Tektro, FL750
- Shifters: Automatic
- Crankset: Andel, RSC7-7172. 48T
- Bottom bracket: Tange Seiki, LN 3922
- Chain: KMC, Z510HX
- Front hub: Formula TH-50, sealed bearing
- Rear hub: SRAM, 2 Speed Automatix with coaster brake
- Tyres: Dia Compe, Ene Ciclo. Brown/Beige 700 x 28C
- Pedals: MKS Sylvan road bike pedal in alloy, toe-clip compatible
- Saddle: Freddie Grubb Mens leather saddle in Honey
- Seatpost: Polished alloy, 27.2mm x 350mm
- Cabling: Jagwire Brake/Gear
The bike is currently only available to pick up from Freddie Grubb's store in Islington, London or the Instrmnt store, Glasgow and retails at £990. Please click the buy/cart button in the top corner of this page to purchase, after which we will email you with full details and to arrange a suitable pick-up time.
We hope to add other pick-up cities soon, followed by international shipping in late 2016. If you don't live in London or Glasgow please enter your details below to register your interest.